Jennifer's practice is dedicated primarily to criminal defence work both as a trial and appellate lawyer. She has the technological skills required for electronic appeals, electronic disclosure and the use of trial presentation software. These skills give Jennifer a competitive advantage in all of the courts she appears before, from the Provincial Court to the Supreme Court of Canada.
Jennifer has extensive trial experience, including jury trials, as well as experience in appeals, judicial dispute resolution and mediation. In addition to Criminal Code matters, Jennifer's criminal defence practice also includes defending provincial and federal prosecutions under the Income Tax Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Fair Trading Act, and Environmental legislation.
- Counsel at first ever Supreme Court of Canada Electronic Appeal
- Eight appearances as counsel at Supreme Court of Canada
- Legal Education Society of Alberta - Intensive Trial Advocacy Instructor (2010 - 2013)
- Legal Education Society of Alberta - Board Member
- Law Society of Northwest Territories - Trial Advocacy Faculty Member (2011)
- Alberta Court of Appeal / U of C Moot Competition Coach (2007)
- Court of Appeal Seminar, Electronic Appeals (2004)
- Legal Education Society of Alberta: Advocacy Course Electronic Trial Demonstration
- Past Chair of Canadian Bar Association (Alberta) Criminal Justice Section
- Volunteer at Calgary Legal Guidance
- Counsel to University of Calgary Student Legal Assistance (2007-2010)